Friday, October 10, 2014

...of mice and men


I composed this post as I was flying back from the mainland.  

I am leaving Oregon for the third time in 5 months.  On this trip though things changed.  Our family is forever changed.  And now the time has come to move forward.  Funny how things go.  What I am doing today is not what I thought I would be doing, but then again, do we really know what we will be doing today, or tomorrow, or next week? 

During my stay, I had time to reflect and take stock of where I am in life.  And while it is true that I am not where I thought I would be in this adventure in regards to being established here on the island, we are still nonetheless, here…in Hawaii.   And that is saying something,  It says that even though our adventure took some difficult turns, we are still here, still persevering.

And isn’t that a part of any adventure?  Perseverance.  Facing challenges as they arise and coming out the other side.  True, we may come out a bit worse for wear.  Or perhaps if we’re lucky, a bit wiser.  And maybe, just maybe, if we are truly in the spirit of it all, we come out a bit more grateful for the experience.

For better or worse things have changed, but in the end, the grand adventure of life still remains…     

Take care and enjoy,
-Mahalo

No comments:

Post a Comment